| We display our Towels for the trip...all we need, but the car is packed tight...just in case |
The first thing I did? Hit myself in the forehead with the sun visor before we left the driveway. I'm awesome.
The driving really wasn't that bad until the last two hours of the day. At that point, Chris was playing with his phone and playing more chill music than I really needed. I was SO bored...I'll have to work on that tomorrow! I kept trying to say, "Hey, look at that sign!" or something, but I got a "mm hmm" response most of the time. It doesn't help that Indiana, Illinois, and Missouri all have the same landscape: flat and green. We almost made it all the way to KC on one tank of gas, which made me a very happy person!
The evening was filled with catching up with a fantastic family friend (well, she's pretty much just family) and eating some amazing food. We ended the night at this place called Jazz, which is decorated to the nines with New Orleans paraphernalia and had live jazz music every night. We ate beignets for dessert and listened to some awesome music. It was so relaxing and I was in absolute heaven! It made me miss playing jazz...might have to pick that back up here at some point!
Love that you're blogging this journey! Glad you had an uneventful [though boring] drive. [Our drive to MN always feels that way too. Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin - flat and green. At least northern WI has some rolling hills.] Praying for safe travels and good sibling bonding. ~Erin
ReplyDelete